Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hunting Open-Country Mule Deer

Dwight Schuh (Author)

I am an avid mule deer hunter and an even more avid reader. I have easily read more than fifty books and guides on hunting both mule and whitetail deer. Dwight Schuh has written what I believe to be the "handbook of all hanndbooks" on hunting mule deer that everyone should own! Many hunting books are vague and tell only of the great hunts and trophies that the author or his associates have harvested. Dwight Schuh's book is the complete opposite. His book is written as if you are sitting together by a camp fire and talking about what he believes are the essentials to hunting the mule deer. He includes errors he made as well as the tactics that work.

It is a "real" hunting book with invaluable information. So many of the examples I would read and say to myself, "Yep, I've definately experienced that!" At this stage in my hunting and reading career, I didn't think I would ever find a book that could teach me so much and be so easy to understand. I have read through it several times and it now looks like a reference book with all the highlighted areas and writing in the margins. I would like nothing more than to be able to communicate with Dwight Schuh on a professional hunting level; if not only to gain more insight into the mule deer and it's behavior than to build an even deeper respect for a tophy animal that gives me life!
From an Amazon review

No comments:

Post a Comment